In times like these where everyone is trying to limit their grocery store runs, making a simple sweet treat is the way to go. When you are low on ingredients, you have got to be smart about what you use. Here is a simple mug-cake recipe that uses no eggs, so you can easily whip this up when your sweet-tooth hits. You can hopefully find all of these hidden in your pantry easily! Mug cakes are great and simple because you eat it in the same thing you make it in. There is less mess to clean up and more time to enjoy your treat! Way better than making a whole cake.
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons milk (or dairy free milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flavorless oil (I used olive oil because that is what I had)
- Whatever toppings you want to add! Get creative! Add sprinkles, ice cream, candies, or whatever you can find around your kitchen!
- A mug
- A fork or a whisk
- Measuring cups for the ingredients
- Get out all of your ingredients, mug, fork, and measuring utensils
- Add the flour, sugar, and baking powder to the mug
- Whisk for about 15 seconds until mixed well
- Then add the milk, vanilla, and oil to the mug
- Mix this well until combined.
- At this point, you can add different ingredients like chocolate chips, chopped strawberries, sprinkles, or other topping that you want to add to be inside the mug cake.
- Microwave it for a one minute. If it looks a little underdone or still liquid, stick it back in the microwave for another ten seconds.
- Then pull out the mug a put ice cream, more sprinkles, what ever you want on top as a topping. Enjoy!
One of the best things about mug cakes is that they are easy to mix around ingredients! You can really experiment with what ingredients and toppings you enjoy to get the perfect mini dessert!
Comment below what toppings you used!