A hearty Italian classic! Don’t be fooled by the addition of eggs, this recipe is creamy, and filling. It will definitely be a hit with your family. And, we will only use ingredients from the list that was posted earlier this week! This is a simple recipe that you’ll get the hang of in no time.
- 2 Eggs
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Cutting board
- Large pot
- Large skillet or pan
- A pair of tongs
- Prep the ingredients. Chop the bacon into small strips. Crush the garlic by using the flat of your knife and then mince (if your are using garlic from a jar that is already minced, skip this step). Into a bowl, add one whole egg, and only the yoke of the other egg. Grate parmesan into the bowl and mix with pepper and a little olive oil.
- Bring a pot of salted water (it should taste like the ocean) to a boil. Preheat a large skillet on medium heat. Add your pasta to the boiling water
- As your pasta cooks, add your chopped bacon to the skillet, with a splash of water and cook for 5 minutes. Adding a little bit of water will help the bacon-fat render out, which will be helpful when you…
- Add garlic to the skillet and give the skillet a shake to mix everything around.
- When your pasta is done, use tongs to take it out of the pot and add it directly into the skillet. Kill the heat and vigorously shake and stir with the tongs to incorporate.
- Add the egg-cheese mixture and again, vigorously stir and shake to mix and coat pasta. If the sauce is too thick, add a splash of the pasta cooking water and mix.
- Finally, plate up, add salt and pepper to taste, and dig in!